Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

2014 Resolutions: March Recap


I can't believe that we are already a quarter of the way through the year!  March has kinda zoomed by for me, it's been a busy month.  Let's see how I've been doing with my resolutions through this busy month:

1. Run 100 miles this year.
Well, I did a little better than last month.  I ran a total of  4.4 miles this month, bringing my total to-date to 9.78 miles.  That means I have 90.22 miles to go.  With 39 weeks left in the year I need to run about 2.5 miles a week to meet my goal.  Still doable I think... but I need to buckle down!  My big victory moment this month was that I finally ran my usual loop through twice.  We usually run the loop once and walk it once - my goal for April is to be able to run 3 loops by the end of the month. *Fingers crossed*

2. Get back to my wedding weight.
I haven't been tracking this very well.  We are definitely eating healthier and adding more and more veggies into our diet and cutting out more and more processed foods, but I have not been getting on the scale regularly.   I know I'm still a few pounds away from this goal.

3. Read 12 books.
I finished my "March book" today.  Voyage of the Dawn Treader just wasn't as interesting to me as the rest of the Narnia books have been.  I'm looking forward to finishing up this series and starting a new one.  Maybe the Divergent series that's so popular right now. :) 

4. Read through one book together with Doad.
Womp womp.  We've hit that point that we do with all the books we try to read together and just come to a complete halt.  I'm a little bit frustrated about this.  Hopefully we can push through and finish this one.  My goal for this month is small: read one chapter.



5. Find a cleaning routine that works.
Still not into a routine, but I have been doing laundry regularly on my days off this month so I'm counting this as a success this month ;)  Also, I'm planning on doing some Spring cleaning this month - not exactly a routine, but I'm hoping it will jumpstart some new good habits.

6. Sell something from my online shop.
Nothing new on this subject.  Hubby finished the craft room lights though, so I will be in there much more this month.  My project this week is a baby shower gift for my sister-in-law.  Then maybe a couple new items for the shop. 
7.  Go to a marriage conference.
Still looking for one.

8. Go on a date with one of my sisters each month.
March = check!  Jill's turn this month.  We went shopping at the mall for her birthday and had a blast!  We talked about everything from tattoos, to boys, to our awkward middle schools days.  We also found some awesome deals and both went home with a few new items for our closets.  This is one of my favorite goals that I've made for the year and I'm super thankful for the awesome sisters God has given me.  

9. Learn Spanish.
This was a slower month.  I only made it to lesson 27 - so only 3 lessons this month.  

So this month was kind of a struggle.  I definitely made an effort, but it was just a really busy month.  April is a little less busy so here's hoping that I can really step up my game and catch up in some areas.

Your turn, what goals are you hoping to achieve this month? This year? 
I'd love for you to tell me about them in the comments below!


No comments: