Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Day 2: Lacey



Today, I'm thankful for my puppy girl.  Lacey came to us a little less than a year ago.  She is my first dog ever and I crazy love her.   

She was so tiny!
She is so mischievous, but I think it's because she knows how cute she is so she knows she can get away with a lot.  I am thankful for her goofy spirit and happy energy and I love it so much that she is a cuddly dog.  It's a little funny that this 50 pound dog thinks she still fits in our laps, but I love it when she snuggles up close - she speaks my love language for sure!

From this

To this!
I am thankful for Lacey's companionship.  She keeps me company when Doad is out of town for work.  She knows when I'm upset and will lick the tears off my face and try to sit in my lap lol.  She always wants to be with me and will get up and follow me and lay down at my feet, even if I'm just moving five feet away.  

Trying to be closer to me on our road trip to Canada

Lacey had a pretty bad accident in January where she slipped on some ice and cracked her elbow.  She needed surgery for a screw and a pin to put her elbow back together and we weren't sure if we were going to be able to afford it.  That day of figuring out what our options were and how we were going to take care of our poor little puppy was so emotional for me.  We had only had her for a couple of months at that point, but I couldn't believe how much I loved her already.  She just cried and cried in my arms and I could barely keep myself from bursting into tears.

Obviously, it all worked out.  She was able to get the surgery and has healed up just fine and I can't help but be thankful that everything ended up ok.  I'm thankful that we were able to pay for the surgery and that it was successful.  I'm thankful that she is ok now and has had great health since.  

I had no idea when we got Lacey how quickly she would steal my heart, but she has and I'm so happy we have her.  She is my little puppy girl and I will always love her.




No comments: