Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 22: Doad

When I'm thinking about things that I am thankful for Doad is always the first to pop into my mind. I waited 22 days to write about him though, because I thought it would be fun to post it on his birthday! :)

I was going to write out one thing I'm thankful for for each year he's celebrated, but I realize that not everyone is as in love with him as I am... So I settled on ten. :)

1. I am thankful for his sense of humor. I love that we can laugh at so much together and that we both know how to crack each other up.



2. I am thankful for his servants heart. Not only does he spend every day looking for ways to serve me, but he also spends much of his time serving others too. Whether he's asked or not he's always finding a way to help someone out when they're in need.

3. I am thankful for his green eyes and dimples. I think Doad is the handsomest man I know. I love everything about him but those green eyes and dimples get me every time. :)



4. I am thankful that he loves Jesus.  Doad's heart for God was one of the first things that attracted me to him and I still today find him the most attractive when he's worshipping God or serving Him with his gifts and talents. 

5. I am thankful that he is such a patient man. Doad is the most patient man I know. He never loses his temper with people which is amazing because I know I definitely have my moments where he'd be totally justified in snapping at me or being rude. He always speaks to me and everyone else with such kindness and patience (something I really hope rubs off on me eventually).



6. I am thankful that he never gave up on us.  Speaking of patience, Doad waited for me for two years before we actually started dating each other locally. I moved to Texas shortly after we met and even though we were crazy about each other, we weren't able to talk much for the whole first year I was in Texas. We started talking my second year and dated long distance for seven months while I traveled on tour with a production team. This often meant that he was up at ungodly hours of the night so that we could talk after a show. He was so faithful and patient and I have never doubted his level of commitment to our relationship because he went above and beyond to show that to me before we were even married. 

7. I'm thankful that he is a generous person. I have learned so much about giving both of my time and my stuff from Doad. He never hesitates to loan out his things or help someone out and I love that. I love that he enjoys being able to give and doesn't find it a sacrifice but a joy to be able to do that. 

8. I'm thankful that he is so encouraging. Doad is my biggest cheerleader and he knows how to pick me up and encourage me better than anyone else. I'm not always the best at believing the nice things he says about me, but thankfully that doesn't stop him and he's slowly helping me to believe in myself because of how much he believes in me. Nowadays, it's easy to just be too busy to notice if others are discouraged but Doad doesn't let a day go by without taking time to offer uplifting words to someone and often goes out of his way to affirm people when he sees them feeling low. 



9. I'm thankful for how hard working Doad is. Whether he likes the job or not, Doad always puts 100% into his work. He will get there early and stay late, he will work without complaining, and he will never toot his own horn. He is always looking for ways to make his company better and more efficient and he is always willing to pick up the slack at home when I have fallen behind (which is often). ;) He has received job offers and several promotions because of his hard work.  He is just always willing to go the extra mile and I'm so proud of him for his integrity and hardworking spirit. 

10.  I'm thankful that we are best friends. I don't know how to write this paragraph without being cliche or cheesy so excuse me. I just never knew that two people could love each other so much. Whether I'm happy or sad, he's the one I want to be with. He's the one I want to talk to about my day. His day is the one I want to hear about every night. He's the one I trust to share my greatest victories and my darkest moments with. I want to help him achieve and rejoice in his victories. And I want to fix and take away all the hard times he has to go thru. He really is my better half. We sharpen each other and make each other stronger and crack each other up all the while. He's my rock and my hero and a million blog posts would never be able to express how thankful I am for him and how much he means to me. 



Happy birthday, baby. I love you forever and ever. 





No comments: