Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 3: My New Job

Today I'm thankful for my new job.  I'm a nanny now for two cute little boys and we are halfway through our second week together. :)  

So far it has been going well.  I'm not gonna lie, I was a little intimidated after the first couple days.  I came home wondering if I had made the right decision in taking this job. 

Last Thursday I had both boys at home all day because school was out for Rosh Hashanah. We were also stuck inside all day because it was raining.  I was a little nervous that I'd run out of indoor activities to keep them occupied and that there'd be some conflict or constant begging for tv shows and I'd be labeled as mean nanny for the rest of my time working there. The day turned out to be a blessing in disguise though.  I got to spend a whole day with the 6 year old instead of the 5 hours a week that I will normally see him. It allowed me to build a bond much quicker with him and we made it thru the day with very little conflict or "mean nanny" moments. ;) He is a very sweet kid and I forget that 6 year old boys still want cuddles and hugs too.  

After that victory I have felt much more confident about this job, both in my ability to do it well and that it is the right place for me to be at the moment.  I'm thankful that God has brought this opportunity to me and for the chance I have to be Jesus to these little boys and to make lasting impressions on them of the love that He has for them.  




No comments: