Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day 4: I'm OK

Today I'm thankful that I'm ok.  

I was in my first fender bender this past Monday.  It was nothing too serious, I got rear-ended at a stop light when the guy behind me hit the gas pedal instead of the brake.   There was hardly any car damage.

Since it was my first "accident" I was a little shaken up.  I had forgotten my phone at home so I had to write everything down like a little, old grandma haha.  Meanwhile, he used his insurance app to email me his info and texted me photos of the couple of scratches on the cars.  Low tech vs. high tech.

I had Lacey with me and she was quivering so hard I thought she'd collapse lol her poor shaky little legs.  That's kinda how I felt on the inside though.  Thankfully, the man was very nice and not shady at all.  We swapped info and then Lace and I went home and just laid low for the rest of the day.  I had a headache the rest of the evening and several dizzy spells so I think I may have had some whiplash?  

Other than that it was a pretty uneventful first accident.  I don't want to over-dramatize the whole situation, because it really wasn't a huge thing, but it did make me grateful for my safety and well-being.  I'm thankful that it wasn't a worse accident.  I'm thankful that no one was hurt.  I'm thankful that we got it taken care of and no one tried to be a jerk or pull anything over on me.  

Short and sweet today.  I'm just thankful that I'm ok.  And I'm thankful that God was with me. :)






No comments: