Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Day 9: Whole30

Today I'm thankful for the Whole30 diet that we did this past July. Doad and I have never dieted before and it was a great first experience.

I wanted to do the Whole30 for a few reasons:
-To break free from the need to eat sugar daily
-To give my body a little healthy reset/reboot
-My doctor also recommended it to help with some hormonal imbalances 

Hubby agreed to do it for one reason:
-He loves me ;)



Along with breaking my sugar addiction and a healthy reset, I experienced several other positive results during the 30 days. One thing that I was not expecting was that we were so much more productive that month. Because we weren't as sluggish or fatigued, we spent our free time accomplishing projects and getting out of the house instead of lounging around in front of the tv. I also stopped feeling that afternoon slump that usually wipes me out around 2pm every day. 

I also lost almost 5 pounds and lost inches off my waist. I tried not to get my hopes up about this area because that wasn't the reason for doing the diet and I didn't want that to be the focus of our Whole30, but we both got great results! I weighed in at 2 pounds under my goal weight and Doad lost 15 pounds.  That's a half a pound a day!  I also now fit back into my "skinny" jeans that I haven't been able to wear for almost three years. 



One of my most favorite things about doing this diet is the way that I've been able to share it with friends and family. Sometimes it's hard to explain why Doad and I eat the way we do, but those who are close to us have seen firsthand the results we got from changing our diets. It's been a great, pressure-free way to share a little bit more with them and we have been able to help people from both sides of the family do their own Whole30!

Doad and I are looking forward to doing another Whole30 in January to detox from the holidays and get a healthy start to the new year. We are hoping to create a meal plan for the whole month before hand so that others can join us. Maybe you can join us too! :)

Thanks, Whole30 for changing our lives in such a positive way. You're the best first diet ever!! ;)




No comments: