Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

2015 Resolutions: April, May, June Recap

These goal recaps have been a little to sparse for my liking this year.  Unfortunately, the checks on my goal checklist are a little sparse too.  That's how it goes sometimes.  But I'm still taking baby steps forward and that's what's important.  So let's see what those baby steps have been these past three months.

1. Whole30

2. Get (and stay) pregnant
So technically I did this... but as I'm not currently pregnant I'm not counting it 'til there's a baby in my arms. ;)  
*If you're confused, read thisthis, and this.

3. Quit my job
Still working for now.  But planning on changing that soon. :)




4. Finish two books with Doad
We finished the first one.  We have yet to start the second lol.  But hey, we've still got half a year. :)

5. Read 24 books
I read two books in the first week of May and thought I'd catch up on this.  Then I didn't finish any for the rest of the month OR JUNE!  I have several that I'm in the middle of reading... but have only officially read 7 books this year.  :/  Definitely need to pick it up.

Book #6 was The No Work Garden Book by Ruth Stout.  We *attempted* to use this method to garden this year, but failed miserably.  I'm pretty sure it was our fault though and I am looking forward to trying again next year.  I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a new way to garden and don't want to spend your whole summer weeding.

Book #7 was The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  This was a great read on the beach in Cancun and I devoured it in just a couple of days.  

6. Marriage Conference
We still haven't found one.  I do want to do this, but in some ways, I feel like the past few months have been a "marriage conference" for us.  We have learned so much about each other and our relationship has grown so much stronger.  He is truly my best friend and even though I hate what we're going through, I'm so thankful to have such a solid man to be my husband and my partner through it.   

7. Cruise/vacation
We went to Cancun!  And it was awesome!  I should probably do a post on that sometime....  Here's a pic until then. ;)




8. Purple hair
Boom!  

I love this look.  It's different, but it feels like me.  I wish my hair was naturally this color.

9. Color run?
The more time passes, the less I want to complete this goal.  I just don't have any motivation for it anymore.  We still attend Zumba and Yoga.  We feel healthy.  I'm pretty sure this one is not going to happen this year... It might not even be on the next recap post...

10. Keep up with Spanish lessons
I haven't listened to Spanish since I got back from vacation.  Haven't even thought about it 'til just now.  Maybe tomorrow ;)

11. Learn to drive stick shift
I have actually made progress on this!  We practiced last Saturday and I drove home (less than a mile lol) from our local pub on Tuesday.  I'm hoping to practice some more this weekend and maybe work up the guts to drive into town or something.  

So there we go. :) My baby steps for this month are working on my Spanish, practicing driving stick shift, and finishing at least two of the books I'm halfway through reading. :)

What are your baby steps this month?





No comments: